Ntu Campus Crusade FOC 2009

Thoughts and feelings about FOC:

Being the first time to serve in a ad hoc project like the FOC is not an easy task for most of our committee members and I’m glad that we handled it quite well this time. Looking for Main committee members started way back in March. However, the main committee was only officially formed after May, and we had a tight schedule to keep with.

Not knowing what to expect, and not having participated in any of camp organizing committees in church, this was truly the first time. There were times where I was scared, because a lot of crusaders were telling me how important FOC was: it determines whether people stay on in Crusade or not. And so I was quite obsessed in a sense… how to make them stay in Crusade?

Thank God He changed that perspective to His own one. It is more important for a Christian, whether he/she joins Campus Crusade is not the point. The whole point is, whether the FOC can allow them to commit their whole lives to God and only God alone. And I was very glad that after FOC, hearing a lot of sharing about how God worked through those who came for the camp, I was very encouraged that God has led our committee and whole FOC this way.

Personally, I have a weak faith and there are many a times I will succumb to fears and insecurities. Prioritizing was also a tough lesson for me, because I have a tendency to do things in the spur of the moment, and most likely following what I want to do. Thus I had to force myself at times to do the right things at the right time. Looking back, and remembering the days in which FOC was conducted, we had a few hiccup moments, but thankfully we handled them well. And it’s a scary situation when all people seem to know you and not the other way around.. ahhhhh help!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of the Main committee members: ALL of You Have done WELL!!

Thank you Yue Qi, for being committed to the committee as PROGRAMS COORDINATOR even though you had to juggle work commitments, and tasks handled to you with unclear instructions(woops hahas). I thought you did well coordinating the worship teams and communicating the ideas our committee had in mind about the worship sessions. You have a cheerful character and have definitely brought joy to our committee.

Thank you Ming Shi, for being the GAMES COORDINATOR! You have done well organizing your subcomm and I know games is a very taxing part of any camps because while the rest of the camp is enjoying their hearts out, you and your subcomm members are sweating and working at preparing the games stations or doing preparations. The games on the FOC received much applause as I chatted with various Seniors and freshmen alike. I’m sure everyone of us enjoyed the games!

Thank you Wee Kian, for being the LOGISTICS COORDINATOR! Despite not having a subcomm you have handled the logistics well and most of the time you are in a “one-man show” taking care of everything that needs to be transported to food, and to travelling to-and-fro from your house to NTU for bookings of venues and checking out of equipments. You are a very responsible servant of Christ and I do learn a lot working with you. My coursemate in CBC as well!! Looking forward to seeing you back in DG too as school starts.

Thank you Rachel, for being the ADMIN COORDINATOR, I’m sorry I still remember telling you when you took up the post that Admin should be very relaxed post.. in fact! Its not! With all the late sign-ups and getting the booklets and packages sorted out to having extra late nights out with other FOC plannings. Rachel you have done a good job! The commitment you show flows out and I can see that God has blessed you richly with a lot of skills to serve Him. May you continue to shine for Him.

Thank you Julian, for being the SENIOR ADVISOR on our team. Your experience and sharings of God’s word definitely adds balance to our team. Juggling church commitments and work commitments is not an easy task. And I’m forever amazed about how you handle your life despite the difficulties. It is very encouraging to see you serve the Lord so fervently. You are indeed blessed with skills that God can make use of for His purpose. See you back in school!

Thank you Shushyan, for believing in me that I could be a Camp IC when I thought not. I’m sure you must have been quite worried cause I keep being late and being not as organized about the work. I’m glad to have accepted the offer that day. Because I think God wants me to learn to trust in Him. I have grown to love praying to Him because I always see you pray your heart out to Him. Thank you for doing the job that I have overlooked and which was important. It must have been busy for you as there are staff retreats, SMC, FOC, recruitment all coming at you at a go.

And finally I want to give thanks to our Father God in Heaven, who made everything possible, filling in whatever we have not done enough, but used all that we have done for His purpose, and thank Him for not forsaking me despite me having almost backslided even before taking up the role of Camp IC. If He did not lead me back, there and then, Chin Wee would probably have left Campus Crusade, and maybe even Christianity and God. I want to trust in You to lead my life, for You are faithful and you know my heart and even myself better than I do.

May all glory be to our Father in Heaven.

1 Response to "Ntu Campus Crusade FOC 2009"

Simon Seow said...

Thks for ur sharing. It's truly a god-given opportunity to learn & grow.

From times like these, we develop the right Posture, gain the correct Perspective, and also experience his Power in living his call upon our lives.