Nolstalgia

I'll be away for a week back to the army..

Just been packing and looking through the farewell notes written by the people in Nagoya. I really miss them loads. Hope God's peace and blessings are with them.

Some thoughts running through my mind before I start the new semester I must go on a retreat:

1) why do I bible study and Quiet time
2) why do I go church
3) Am I sure what I'm believing in

I guess I have answers to all these, but I don't intend to just stop in the head. I so want to encounter God ever so badly in my life. No routine anymore, no doing things just to please people.

O God, examine my Heart, Dear Father in Heaven, thank You for Your Name in my life, thank You for giving me my daily spiritual and physical bread, thank You for forgiving me my sins, so that I can likewise learn to forgive others, thank You for saving me through temptations, bringing me away from harm.

thank You for letting me see the world out there so I do not take what You have given to me for granted. May Your Name be exalted in my life.

4 Responses to "Nolstalgia"

litameadows said...

Hi my name is Lita. I was wondering, are you Japanese? or do you just like the Sono Hi Zen Sekai Ga song so much that you put it on your page. I am falling in love with this song. I am learning Japanese AND teaching to my kids. I know the different languages we are learning is led by the leading of the Holy Spirit. I would say more but don't want to ramble. Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to know if you were Japanese or not. God Bless!

30YearOldInvestor said...

Hello Lita, =)

I'm not a Japanese and I'm from Singapore. Yup I went to Japan about a month ago and I love this worship song from Japan =)

I picked up a little Japanese from a module in university but unfortunately it is not enough to hold a conversation haha.

I guess the Japanese language is not hard to learn. Perhaps the challenge is to live in Japan itself because other than that, we hardly get to practice the Japanese we learn.

Haha! nice to meet you here. Thanks for visiting. =D
God Be with You!

litameadows said...

well are there any other things you can tell me about your visit. What did you do? It seems exciting, but yet scary. Was this leading from the Holy Spirit that led you to Japan. Are you in college right now or doing alot of missionary work...or both...LOL? God bless

30YearOldInvestor said...

haha.. Yess! there are alot of things I want to tell people about. Yup, it was definitely an exciting and enjoyable experience.. Of course there's the initial fear creeping in as I struggled to tell people about God's goodness in my life.

But I guess it's also relying on God to speak through and realising that He is the one ministering to the peoples' hearts take a bit of pressure of me. haha. I made many japanese friends and got to know more about their way of life as well as to experience Japanese culture (like Onsen, public bath in Japan)

I decided to sign up for this mission trip to Nagoya after praying about which mission team to take part in within Campus Crusade's "Gen12ii" projects (which are missions to many countries around the globe to reach students primarily)

Hmm I'm currently a University student in Singapore but I guess I'm also a missionary in my own ways as God called all Christians to be salt and light of the world =)

Lita, you too are a missionary and ambassador for Christ! =)

I do hope I find more time to post about what I experienced in Japan =)

Haha. How about you? Are you a working adult now?

(sorry it took some time to reply as I was away from net access)